Forms, Resources, and Policies
- RSO Finances
- RSO Management
- RSO Policies
- RSO Resources
- RSO Tips
As a Registered Student Organization, you will be eligible to receive funding from the Associated Student Government. Additional information regarding funding can be found on the Finances and Fundraiser page and the ASG Financial Affair's website.
- Check writing policies for RSO Checking Accounts
- Deposit Form
- On-Campus Charges
If your RSO is planning to use campus space, you may incur charges. These charges are most often paid through your RSO Checking Account, also known as a “cost center number” around campus, unless you have departmental or ASG funding for the reservation. To ensure a smooth process, please familiarize yourself with the On Campus Charges policy and note the following important steps:
Before the event
1) Request your space.
2) Provide your RSO Checking Account Number (“cost center number”) for billing if your RSO is paying for the space yourself. (Please see the Checkwriting Policies for more information about locating your account number.)
- If the event is funded by ASG you will be provided with information at your packet pickup.
- If you have departmental funding to pay for a room, please see the appropriate accounting staff member in the department to obtain the proper information. (Please see the Financial Overview for departments supporting an RSO to understand how this process works.)
- Note: ASG or departments cannot transfer money into your RSO account, so please ensure that the billing is set up appropriately at the time of your reservation.
3) Request an estimate of charges via email (this may be provided automatically – you will need to watch for this and follow up if you do not get the estimate.)
4) Provide approval via email. This should be done before the reservation is confirmed.
5) Ensure you have the appropriate balance in your account, if the billing is coming from your cost center number.
After the event
6) Provide approval for any charges over the estimated amount (you can be automatically billed if the department makes two attempts to gain approval.)
- If you invite an outside business to come to a meeting to help fulfill a need of your organization, this may be acceptable, but outside businesses should not approach students or student groups to invite themselves or to offer money, products, or event sponsorship in return for access to your organization. The Commercial Solicitation Policy prohibits private commercial business activities on University premises. Exceptions are the annual RazorBash Festival held during Welcome Weeks (and for off-campus properties, Housing Fairs coordinated by Off-Campus Student Services). To summarize - Organizations should never feel that you must endure solicitation by outside businesses who want access to your RSO or living group. If this happens, we ask that you report the incident to your faculty/staff advisor and the Office of Student Activities.
- Advertising in the Arkansas Traveler
- Arkansas Student Union Reservations
- Building Reservation Guide
- Campus Bulletin Board Posting Guide
- Campus Resource Guide
- HPER Reservation
- Off Campus Event Planning
- OSA Monthly Calendar
- Outdoor Facilities Reservations
- Pepsi Beverage Request Form
- Publicity Checklist
- Resources for Student Success
General tips and guidelines to help your RSO succeed.