SOOIE has 2 main parts: Outreach and Involvement
Outreach: SOOIE members go out to different RSOs to work with them to help them be more successful. This could involve facilitating team builders, consulting with the RSO, or leading a workshop or retreat. For instance, if an RSO is having trouble with recruiting new members, SOOIE members would be able to work with the RSO to develop a plan for them.
Involvement: With a university as large as the University of Arkansas, new students may feel lost when they arrive. SOOIE members will help any new and/or un-involved students find an RSO that meets their interests. SOOIE will host an involvement table on a regular basis, and students can sign up for one-on-one appointments with SOOIE members to find an RSO.
SOOIE is also responsible for the Leadership Development Lunches (formerly Officer Development Series). These lunches focus on student leadership development for RSO officers. SOOIE will host these workshops that occur once a month and cover a variety of topics related to RSO's. A complete schedule of lunches is available.
Our involvement committee is looking to help you get involved on campus. With over 430 RSOs here on campus, they can guide you on which organization to choose. They will talk with you about your interests and your major and give suggestions of organizations to contact. Below you will find the RSO interest form where you can list your interests to better assist the Involvement committee when they meet with you for your appointment. You can also email SOOIE's Director of Involvement, Trang Mai, on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Like us on Facebook: SOOIE
Follow us on Twitter: @UofA_SOOIE
Follow us on Instagram: @UofA_SOOIE
RSO Of the Month forms on HogSync
Please contact SOOIE's Director of Internal Affairs, Ally Davis, on email@example.com for more information.
Meet your 2017-2018 SOOIE Executive Board!
- President – Sam Harris; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President of Internal Affairs – Ally Davis; email@example.com
- Vice President of Finance – Grace Lillis; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Administration – Laramie Reed; email@example.com
- Director of Involvement – Trang Mai; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Organizational Leadership – Amanda Funderburg; email@example.com
- Director of RSO Outreach – Niall McMillan; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Advertising & Public Relations – Stephanie West; email@example.com
- Primary Advisor – Amber Widdowson; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Secondary Advisor – Flavia Araujo; email@example.com
Leadership Development Lunches
The Leadership Development Lunches (formerly Officer Development Series) focus on student leadership development for RSO officers. SOOIE will host these lunches that occur once a month and cover a variety of topics related to RSO's.
2017-2018 Leadership Development Lunches
To be announced. Please check back for updates or contact SOOIE's Director of Organizational Leadership, Amanda Funderburg, on firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.