SOOIE has 2 main parts- Outreach and Involvement
Outreach: SOOIE members go out to different RSOs to work with them to help them be more successful. This could involve facilitating team builders, consulting with the RSO, or leading a workshop or retreat. For instance, if an RSO is having trouble with recruiting new members, SOOIE members would be able to work with the RSO to develop a plan for them.
Involvement: With a university as large as the University of Arkansas, new students may feel lost when they arrive. SOOIE members will help any new and/or un-involved students find an RSO that meets their interests. SOOIE will host an involvement table on a regular basis, and students can sign up for one-on-one appointments with SOOIE members to find an RSO.
SOOIE is also responsible for the Leadership Development Lunches (formerly Officer Development Series). These lunches focus on student leadership development for RSO officers. SOOIE will host these workshops that occur twice a month and cover a variety of topics related to RSO's. A complete schedule of lunches is available.RSO Interest
Our involvement committee is looking to help you get involved on campus. With over 380 RSOs here on campus, they can guide you on which organization to choose. They will talk with you about your interests and your major and give suggestions of organizations to contact. Below you will find the RSO interest form where you can list your interests to better assist the Involvement committee when they meet with you for your appointment. You can either print it out and return to the Office of Student Activities A665 or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
-Feel free to email us at email@example.com for any questions! We would look forward to working with you!
RSO of the Month
Meet your 2016-2017 SOOIE Executive Board!
- President – Brianna Forth; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President of Internal Affairs - Sam Harris; email@example.com
- Assistant Vice President of Internal Affairs - Gabriella Bermea
- Director of Organizational Leadership – Kendall Brannon; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Director of Organizational Leadership – Grace Lillis
- Director of Advertising/Public Relations – Melissa Fleig Carlsson; email@example.com
- Director of Involvement – Erin Smith; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant Director of Involvement and International Students Liaison - Joshua Sarpaning
Leadership Development Lunches
The Leadership Development Lunches (formerly Officer Development Series) focus on student leadership development for RSO officers. SOOIE, the Student Organization Outreach and Involvement Experience, will host these lunches that occur once a month and cover a variety of topics related to RSO's.
2016-2017 Leadership Development Lunches
Tuesday, October 4, 11 am, Arkansas Union 308 (by Food Court) – Utilizing Campus Resources by Rosa Edwards of the Office of Student Activities
Tuesday, October 25, 11 am, Arkansas Union 508 – Unlocking Your Genius by Steven Sexton
Tuesday, Feb. 28, 11 am, Arkansas Union 308 (by Food Court) – Topic to announced
Tuesday, March 14, 11 am, Arkansas Union 308 (by Food Court) – "Be Freaking Awesome - Developing a success mindset" (Book written by the speaker, Angela Belford)
Tuesday, April 11, 11 am, Arkansas Union 308 (by Food Court) – Student Panel
- Event Planning Workshop - Presentation
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- Leadership Fundamentals
- Membership Recruitment and Retention Presentation
- Membership Recruitment and Retention Handout
- Poised Public Speaking
- Weathering the Storm: Leadership and Group Development
- Resume and Cover Letter Skills
Like us on Facebook: SOOIE
Follow us on Twitter: @UofA_SOOIE