SOOIE is an organization that helps students get involved by finding their passions and interests and matching them to RSO's (Registered Student Organizations) on campus.
Outreach: SOOIE members go out to different RSO's to work with them to help them be more successful. This could involve facilitating team builders, consulting with the RSO, or leading a workshop or retreat. For instance, if an RSO is having trouble with recruiting new members, SOOIE members would be able to work with the RSO to develop a plan for them.
Involvement: With a university as large as the University of Arkansas, new students may feel lost when they arrive. SOOIE members will help any new and/or un-involved students find an RSO that meets their interests. SOOIE will host an involvement table on a regular basis, and students can sign up for one-on-one appointments with SOOIE members to find an RSO.
SOOIE is also responsible for the Leadership Development Lunches, Involvement Fairs, Of the Month awards, End of the Year Student Involvement Awards Banquet, and much more!
Meet your 2017-2018 SOOIE Executive Board!
- President – Sam Harris | email@example.com
- Vice President of Internal Affairs – Ally Davis | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vice President of Finance – Grace Lillis | email@example.com
- Director of Administration – Laramie Reed | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of Involvement – Trang Mai | email@example.com
- Director of Organizational Leadership – Amanda Funderburg | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Director of RSO Outreach – Niall McMillan | email@example.com
- Director of Advertising & Public Relations – Stephanie West | firstname.lastname@example.org
- Primary Advisor – Amber Widdowson | email@example.com
- Secondary Advisor – Flavia Araujo | firstname.lastname@example.org
Get involved on campus!
With over 430 RSO's here on campus, SOOIE can guide you on which organization to choose. We will talk with you about your interests and your major and give suggestions of organizations to contact. Below you will find the RSO interest form where you can list your interests to better assist the Involvement committee when they meet with you for your appointment. You can also email SOOIE's Director of Involvement, Trang Mai, on email@example.com for more information.
SOOIE Fall Involvement Fair
Did you miss the chance to present your RSO at Razorbash? Do not worry! SOOIE is hosting its annual Fall Involvement Fair on Tuesday, September 19th @ 11 PM - 2 PM. The theme of this year will be "One for all, all for one." The event will be held in the Arkansas Union International Connections Lounge. SOOIE would love for your RSO to attend. This event will be a great way for your RSO to get the word out to hundreds of students about your RSO's purpose. It will give students an opportunity to talk to members of your RSO and to learn more about how they can get involved on campus and the benefits of joining RSOs on campus. If your RSO wants to participate in the Fall Involvement Fair, please RSVP with SOOIE no later than Friday, September 15th, on HogSync.
If you have questions, please feel free to contact Trang Mai, SOOIE director of involvement, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SOOIE Of the Month Award applications on HogSync
One of SOOIE's primary goals is to help RSO's THRIVE and reach their maximum potential. With the Of the Month Awards, SOOIE is providing your RSO with an opportunity to be recognized across campus! Each month, SOOIE selects "Of the Month" award recipients in three categories:
Monthly awardees are automatically qualified as finalists for the 2018 End of the Year Student Involvement Awards Banquet, which will be held on April 18th, 2018!
Please contact SOOIE's Director of Internal Affairs, Ally Davis, on email@example.com for more information.
Leadership Development Luncheons
The Leadership Development Luncheons (formerly Officer Development Series) focus on student leadership development for RSO officers. SOOIE will host these lunches that occur once a month and cover a variety of topics related to RSO's.
2017-2018 Leadership Development Luncheons
- September 21st @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM at ARKU 308 SW
- October 26th @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM at ARKU 308 SW
- November 30th @ 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM at ARKU 308 SW
Spring schedule to be announced in November, 2017. For more information, please contact SOOIE's Director of Organizational Leadership, Amanda Funderburg, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For questions or for accommodations due to disability, please contact SOOIE President Sam Harris at email@example.com or call 479-575-5255.
- Event Planning Workshop - Presentation
- Five Dysfunctions of a Team
- Leadership Fundamentals
- Membership Recruitment and Retention Presentation
- Membership Recruitment and Retention Handout
- Poised Public Speaking
- Weathering the Storm: Leadership and Group Development
- Resume and Cover Letter Skills
Connect with us on Social Media
Like us on Facebook: SOOIE
Follow us on Twitter: @UofA_SOOIE
Follow us on Instagram: @UofA_SOOIE
Connect with our team on HogSync