Want to become an advisor?
Join the Potential Advisor Roster today!
Any faculty or staff member at the University Arkansas is eligible to be an RSO advisor if:
They are a full-time appointed employee, or
They are a part-time appointed employee who is not concurrently pursuing a graduate degree, unless it is part of their position description.
Advisors should be updated in HogSync. If an advisor does not have a HogSync profile it can be created according to the instructions below. To update an advisor, an officer who is an administrator of the RSO's HogSync portal should click on "See All" on the portal's home page, and then click "Fill a Position".
To create a HogSync profile:
Click "Sign In"
If you have previously created a profile you will be prompted to sign in with your UARK credentials.
If you have not created a profile:
Search for the University of Arkansas
Login using your UARK email credentials
Complete your custom profile
University Advisor Expectations
Be familiar with the purpose, constitution and activities of the RSO for which you are advising.
Assist the RSO in identifying goals and help the members and officers clarify their areas of responsibility.
Participate in all major organizational planning.
Observe and evaluate student performance in regards to his or her involvement with the RSO.
Be familiar with University policies and procedures as they pertain to officer eligibility and be sensitive to the students' academic performance.
Provide information to University officials concerning the RSO when requested.
Be available as a mentor to organization members to assist them with personal and organizational problems and decisions.
Act as a source of general information regarding UA policies and procedures.
Teach basic leadership skills and provide the officers with elements of good organizational and administrative practice.
- Serve as a Campus Security Authority to report crimes that you become aware of in the course of your advisor role.
- Remember to have fun!
RSO Registration Information
Re-registration is open April 15-September 15, 2017. A brief period for spring registration will open in January 2018 for RSO's that missed the fall deadline. New RSO's can form at any time. The registration process must be completed by students and all requirements must be met.
Advisor Development Series 2017-2018
All Registered Student Organization advisors are invited to take part in the Advisor Development Series for 2017-2018. The Office of Student Activities offers advisor workshops aimed at increasing knowledge, support, and understanding of the RSO advisor role. In addition, this program offers opportunities to network with other university professionals and advisors who have a rich knowledge base of advising experience.
The Advisor Development Series helps advisors understand their role and maximize their group’s experience. Workshops are held once a month. Each workshop covers a different topic relating to the advisor’s role in RSO’s.
Each session will begin promptly at noon and end by 1 p.m. Advisors who wish to eat lunch and interact with peer advisors can arrive starting at 11:30 a.m. Office of Student Activities staff will remain until 1:30 p.m. for dialogue with RSO advisors. Advisors can pre-register for the workshops on HogSync. Pre-registration is required for those planning to eat lunch.
Session dates and registration links include:
- Monday, Sept. 18, 2017 in JB Hunt 535: Arkansas Union Reservations and HogSync Cheat Sheet
- Wednesday, Oct. 18 in Arkansas Union 507-508: The advisor's Role in Student Well-Being
- Tuesday, Nov. 14 in JB Hunt 535
- Tuesday, Jan. 16 in Arkansas Union 512-513
- Wednesday, Feb. 21 in Arkansas Union 513-514
- Tuesday, March 13 in JB Hunt 535
- Wednesday, April 11 in JB Hunt 535
For more information about Registered Student Organizations, contact the Office of Student Activities, 479-575-5255, or email email@example.com.
- Advisor Basics
- Advisor Meet and Greet slides
- Clifton StrengthsFinder Technical Report
- Co-Sponsorship Agreement Form
- Cultural Intelligence
- Dynamics of Diversity in the RSO
- Event Planning - Slides (Spring 2016)
- Event Planning - Slides (Spring 2012)
- Event Planning Handouts
- "Facilitating Group Development" Presentation
- Finances and Fundraising
- Funding Informational Session
- "Incorporating the 'Students First' Philosophy into Your Advising Style – slides"
- Legal Cases and How they Apply to RSOs
- Money Matters 2015 - ASG Funding Video, ASG Funding Powerpoint, ASG Funding Guide, ASG OFA Standing Rules
- Motivation and Team Building
- Officer Transition Handouts
- Officer Transition Powerpoint
- RSO Advisors and Student Development Theory- Role of the Advisor, Student Employee Learning Plan, Student Employee Learning Plan Check-in, One on One Format
- StrengthsQuest for RSO Advisors
- Successful Events- Event Planning, Event Planning Handout, Event Planning Webpage